Mid-Kansas United Soccer League Bylaws
A joint project of Salina Parks and Recreation Department and the Salina Soccer Club
1. Except as modified here all games will be played under current FIFA laws.
2. Check the website or call the Field Marshall for game cancellations (785-577-1117).
3. Game time will be forfeit time unless the team calls the field marshal (785-577-1117) while on the road, that they will be late.
4. No warm-ups in the goal area before or after games.
5. Field Dimensions:
U8 Field size 30 x 50 yards Goals 6½’ x 12' **Approximate Sizes!
U10 Field size 40 x 60 yards Goals 7’ x 19’
U12 Field size 50 x 75 yards Goals 7’ x 19'
U14 Field size 75 x 110 yards Goals 8’ x 23'
6. Soccer Balls:
U8 Size 3 U9 thru U12 Size 4 U13 and U14 Size 5
**Game Balls provided by the designated home team.
7. Minimum number of players to start a game is:
U8 4 players
U10 5 players
U12 6 players
U14 7 players
8. Roster size:
U8 8 players
U9-10 11 players
U11-12 13 players
U13-14 18 players
9. Game times will be as follows:
U8 20 minute halves
U10 25 minute halves
U12 30 minute halves
U14 35 minute halves
10. KSYSA official rosters must be turned in to the Salina Soccer Club no later than the deadline indicated on the season registration form.
11. Player cards will be given to the center official for each game and can be picked up from that official when the game is over.
12. Players receiving a yellow card must be substituted and may return to play at the next substitution opportunity. Red cards (sending off offenses) will be followed by a one game suspension (league game suspension).
13. MKUSL will follow U.S. Youth Soccer guidelines for ages U8 and below. Therefore, this season and all subsequent seasons, U8 games will be played 4v4 (4 field players) and NO GOALIES.
14. U9 and above will be called with off sides
15. Substitutions are allowed on goal kicks, kick offs, and throw-ins (for team throwing in only). One for one substitutions for injury situations. Unlimited number of substitutions allowed.
16. Each team is responsible for having a primary and secondary jersey. In the event of conflict the home team will change its jersey.
17. Completed Games. For the purpose of this policy, a game is considered a complete game at the whistle for the start of the 2nd half.
18. Reschedules: Every attempt will be made to reschedule all games that have been canceled due to weather. In the event games can not be rescheduled and you have played at least 6 games this would be considered a full season of play. If your team has to reschedule do to personal conflicts it is up to you to find a date/time agreeable for both teams as well as the league.
19. Refunds: During the season if your team has not played a minimum of 6 games you will be refunded up to 6 games, if games are canceled due to weather. No refund will be given to any team that has played at least 6 games or canceled games due to personal conflicts.
Revised 10/10/2011 10:50:18 AM